Raamstraat natural playground
In 2015, Plukkebol’s outdoor area at the Raamstraat location was completely renovated and was turned into a natural playground. A natural playground is where children can play in a natural green environment. Nature can shape and have an impact on children.
What is in the natural playground?
- A snoezelen garden in a separate baby patio that is safely separated from the older children where the youngest children’s senses are stimulated.
- A water play area with a water pump, sand and a sand and water table.
- A willow tunnel escape route.
- Willow screens with peep holes.
- A sensory floor tile.
- A kitchen garden.
- A playhouse with slide.
- Beautiful trees, flowers, plants and herbs.
- A wall made of piled up different types of stone.
- Tree trunks to sit on or to jump off.
- Waterproof overalls and rubber boots for all the children when it is wet and/or cold.
- Enough shade in the summer from the tarp above the water play area and several shady plane trees in the garden.
- Inflatable paddling pools for summer.
- Three-wheel bikes, scooters, wheelbarrows and all sorts of outdoor play equipment.
- Private entrance into the adjacent Westerhonk playground.